Thursday, November 3, 2011

Birthday Bucket List







    I was asleep when it happened. It was something I knew was going to occur at least I hoped it would. Yet it received so little fanfare that even I had to remind myself of what I was supposed to be excited about. When I woke, I was pleased to realize that my expectation had been fulfilled.
    I had turned 22.
    In previous years, I would have been so caught up in my own excitement that I would have had trouble sleeping. This year, I had trouble staying awake.
    That's because turning 22 does not carry any real significance. Almost all age-related milestones occur earlier in life. You can drive at 16, vote at 18 and drink (legally) at 21. But after that?
    I am grateful that I have made it this far. And I hope there will be many more to come.


    22 Things in my year of bieng 22!!
  1. Buy everyone in the bar a drink
  2. Watched a lightning storm at sea
  3. Touched an iceberg
  4. Bet on a winning horse
  5. Backpacked in Europe
  6. Graduate College
  7. Milked a cow
  8. Buy wine worth more than £50
  9. Helped an animal give birth
  10. Take a canoe trip
  11. Win first prize in a costume contest
  12. Saved someone’s life
  13. Go to a drive-in theatre
  14. Get into Grad school
  15. Gone scuba diving
  16. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
  17. Crash a wedding
  18. Been in a movie
  19. Hugged a tree
  20. Get a savings account.... and use it
  21. Get Something Published
  22. Take an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country


 

No comments:

Post a Comment