- Buy everyone in the bar a drink
- Watched a lightning storm at sea
- Touched an iceberg
- Bet on a winning horse
- Backpacked in Europe
- Graduate College
- Milked a cow
- Buy wine worth more than £50
- Helped an animal give birth
- Take a canoe trip
- Win first prize in a costume contest
- Saved someone’s life
- Go to a drive-in theatre
- Get into Grad school
- Gone scuba diving
- Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
- Crash a wedding
- Been in a movie
- Hugged a tree
- Get a savings account.... and use it
- Get Something Published
- Take an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
I was asleep when it happened. It was something I knew was going to occur at least I hoped it would. Yet it received so little fanfare that even I had to remind myself of what I was supposed to be excited about. When I woke, I was pleased to realize that my expectation had been fulfilled.
I had turned 22.
In previous years, I would have been so caught up in my own excitement that I would have had trouble sleeping. This year, I had trouble staying awake.
That's because turning 22 does not carry any real significance. Almost all age-related milestones occur earlier in life. You can drive at 16, vote at 18 and drink (legally) at 21. But after that?
I am grateful that I have made it this far. And I hope there will be many more to come.
22 Things in my year of bieng 22!!